Thursday, March 15, 2007

Here we go a wandering

Today is the day! Joe and I are headed off to Illinois for our first wedding shower. Well, actually, it is really a shower for me, as my sister told me that Joe isn't invited because he isn't a girl! Poor guy... doesn't even get to help open presents! Despite that, I'm really excited! We're headed out tonight and will be busy, busy with wedding planning during our trip.

After our wedding-related stuff, I'll head into Chicago for a few days to a conference with some students, along with my cousin's wedding. It should be a fun few days! I'll post again after we get back to Maryland!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe isn't invited because most boys don't go to the showers. He will have plenty of presents to open after the wedding. Joe can stop by at the end of the shower to visit if he so wishes, but its up to him!

Anonymous said...

What's "the showers"?
By, Fabrizio from Italy

Joe Wilmarth Tyna said...

Fabrizio,
In the U.S. when we have weddings, family members will often throw a "wedding shower" for the bride in which she is "showered" with gifts that help furnish a new home.