Sunday, October 07, 2007

Joey's Turning 27!!

October 14th is the 27th birthday of my favorite person in the whole world!! Sadly, he will be in Cleveland and I will be in Rochelle, so we won't see too much of each other on his special day. Instead, we celebrated Joe's birthday this weekend.

We started off the evening at Cuisine of India, a slightly shady, yet super tasty Indian restaurant about 15-20 minutes from home. They had an awesome buffet, which prompted us to eat WAAAAAAY more food than we should. Thanksfully, stomach suffering was at a minimum, because we had a second destination after that: a Bill Cosby performance!

We had a great time listening to/ watching Bill Cosby. He's a pretty funny guy still at 70... he only forgot where he was going with his story once or twice ;) I will a little bummed (and feeling pretty old) because I started getting REALLY sleepy about an hour and a half into the show and definitely missed about 10-15 minutes of material. This was highlighted when we got home and Joe said "that joke about the kid and his bike was funny" and I had no idea what he was talking about!! Nodding off in the middle of a fun performance = old woman. That's no fun! I guess 28 IS just around the corner ;)

Anyway, we had a great birthday celebration and even got to see a friend (Scott) from Maryland on Sunday morning for breakfast. I have photos, but they're currently trapped on my camera, so I'll post them soon. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

So nice to hear what you two are doing on a blog site! Glad the 'birthday' weekend went well and also being able to spend more time with family!

Take care!...... Love, Joe's mom