
Woohoo! This week we celebrated Julia's fourth week of life (her actual 1 month birthday is on Tuesday, Feb 17th) and some wonderful news about her weight gain. As some of you already know, Julia's first couple of weeks were a bit stressful, as she lost over a pound (14%) of her birth weight within the first few days of life due to problems with breastfeeding. Most babies lose weight, but doctors don't like to see more than at 10% weight loss. It was a bit scary for Joe and I, since our pediatrician let us know that babies who lose that much weight have been known to have strokes! Needless to say, we're so happy that Julia now weighs in at a whopping 10 pounds. The nurse at the doctor's office wasn't nearly as excited about it as I was and didn't seem to appreciate my celebration next to the scale with our naked little baby!

In other news, I'm going to steal DeAnna's fabulous idea and try to take pictures of baby Julia next to her new dolly each month so we can watch her progress. Thanks to our neighbors, Rosanne and Jim, for the doll! I can't wait to see how much she has changed when we take next month's photo. She has already grown a lot in the past month!
Life in the Wilmarth Tyna household is finally getting into a routine. Julia and I are figuring out our days - which mostly involves me discovering how I can take care of her AND shower and eat during the day. We're working through it and having lots of small successes so far; although a few things have thrown us off.

For example, we had a diaper "blow out" the other day that resulted in a change of clothes, a bath, and a total wash down of the changing table! This was my first single-handed bath-giving experience and it was exciting... to say the least. Somehow, I managed to strip off the poopy clothes and the peed on changing pad with one hand, while simultaneously blocking any future pees and then getting all of the bath stuff ready... without her crying! I officially believe that I am now broken in as a mom ;)
PS. Thanks for all the cool clothes, Lilla. We've been using them a lot (see yellow sleeper above)!
1 comment:
It was so nice to finally meet little Julia! She is a doll! It is amazing how fast they grow. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment