I can barely believe it, but our baby girl started kindergarten a week ago. The first week went really well - minus a bad start at her before care on the second day - and I'm hoping things will keep going that direction.
For her first day, Mrs. Romano, the teacher, had the kids go on a hunt for Pete the Cat, the character of a fun book we enjoy at our house. Pete left them clues all over the school and they got a chance to check out most of Briar Glen Elementary while they were at it. Julia came back with lots of fun stories about their explorations. She also had a great first day at Kindergarten Round Up at the YMCA.
Here are some cute (and crazy) photos from the first day. Notice that I was in such a tizzy that I wrote "1 Day of School" instead of "1st Day of School" on the sign ;) It was a big deal for everyone!
 |
| On our way to school for the first time. |
 |
| Jules, Tinkerbell, Periwinkle, and I had a fun breakfast at Panera to celebrate the big day! |
 |
| My last chance at capturing a good picture, as she was so stressed when we got there that photos were off limits. |
 |
| Waiting in line by the door to her classroom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment