Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Esprit de She - Sprint Triathlon


YAY! I was thrilled to finish my second sprint triathlon on Sunday, June 12th in Naperville, IL. The event, called Esprit de She, is a women's only sprint-length triathlon (i.e., .46 mile swim, 13.3 mile bike, 3.1 mile run). I participated for the first time last year and decided to try to push myself for a second year.

Despite not getting quite enough training time in (and no brick trainings, which are back-to-back run/ swim or swim/ bike, etc), I finished again this year and even improved on my time from 2015 - 1:53:23 - not too shabby!

Exiting the swim


Looking as hard core as I can while biking in my swim suit with a helmet ;)

Finish line!

Thanks to my cheering squad, Joe, Jules, Owen, and my mom for coming out bright and early and treating me to breakfast afterward!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am so inspired by you! You look so strong and awesome in all your race pictures! I am going to plan on one of these next year for sure!