
As usual, we seem to be keeping ourselves far too busy for our own good! At least, that's the way it seems, given how happy I am to hit the pillow at the end of the night (after having already cuddled up on the couch ;)

This weekend, we finally got a chance to finish up the baby's room. And when I say "we," I really mean Joe! I, on the other hand, was finishing up our basement. Donna and Ashley, Joe's mom and sister, came for a night on Sunday and I wanted it to be great for them, as that's where our spare "bedroom" is at! So, as for the baby's room, Joe did a great job! He painted the upper portion of the wall a pale yellow, with a slightly deeper shade on the lower half. To separate the colors, he put in a white chair rail all the way around the room. It looks so cute and bab

y-ful! Of course, we're still working on some of the furniture, but I think we're off to a great start!
On Sunday, I had lunch with Christie, a good friend from college. She is also expecting, so we had a fun time talking pregnancy and commiserating about heartburn and being exhausted! She also brought us one of our first baby gifts. It was a fun visit and I so appreciated hearing about her experiences with being pregnant. This is her second little one, so she's an old pro at this now ;)

Finally, I can't finish this without sharing Joe's big news. He has decided that he wants to keep biking to work into the winter months. With that, he picked out a (very racy) biking leotard thingy - I'm sure it has a real name - and some booties to keep his feet warm. Today was the first trip, so hopefully he survived without losing any fingers or ears! I guess we'll see. When he left for work this morning, it was only 32 degrees outside!! Doesn't he look like a biking stud? His sister, Ashley, saw him modeling his new outfit and I think she was scarred for life after seeing him in something so tight! Oh yeah... and did I mention that he's growing out his beard?! Apparently, he needs to look the part to be a dad ;)
1 comment:
It was a nice visit.... loved seeing your new home and, of course, the both of you!
Post a Comment