Monday, November 03, 2008

A Shower... of Giraffes??


We had a baby shower on Saturday and it was so much fun! It was great to see lots of family and friends and to celebrate baby with them. I can't believe how real baby is becoming now that we actually have stuff for him/ her in our house! Jen, DeAnna, and my mom did a great job with food and all of the cute decorations. Thanks again to all three of you for a great celebration!! Take a look at the photo above to check out one of the cute diaper creatures that DeAnna made for me! They were sitting next to the cake.

While at the shower, I also got to hang out with my two newest nephews. They are both such cuties! My shirt was a little slick and babies were sliding off of me left and right. I thought it was very good of Noah and Dylan to help me to learn these lessons about babies and fabrics before our own baby arrives! Here they are teaching me how to hold babies :)

We are very lucky to have another shower coming up right after Thanksgiving, which means we have even more fun coming our way. Thankfully, we've already started to collect some of the necessities (like a crib), but we still need so much for baby!

Before I end, I should probably explain the title of this post - "A Shower... of Giraffes??"! When I was little, my favorite toy was a giraffe that played music, who I called Raffi. Since most of my family members know about Raffi, and a few have a close, personal relationship with him, we got LOTS of giraffes for Baby Wilmarth Tyna. In fact, at last count, we have gotten over 20! I'm going to take a picture of all of our giraffes and I'll post that soon, too. Hopefully, baby likes animals!

If you'd like to see pictures, click on the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/laura.wilmarth/ILBabyShower#

No comments: