Saturday, March 07, 2009

Julia's Great Great GREAT Aunt

That's right! This past week, Julia got to meet her great great great aunt! Aunt Ruth, who lives a few hours away in Mt. Carroll, IL, is my Grandma Wilmarth's aunt. She celebrated her 104th birthday in December!! Not only is she a great lady, she is also a bit of a techie ;) She still emails! While we were there, we took a 5 generation photo with baby Julia. From left to right, the photo includes: Betty (my step-mom), Grandma Wilmarth, Aunt Ruth, me, Julia, and my dad. We had a really nice visit!

Other than our visit to Aunt Ruth, life has been evening out in the Wilmarth Tyna household. We've been trying to find a routine and help miss Julia with her gassy belly. So far, we haven't been very successful in either area... but I guess that's the way it goes with an infant. Sometimes you try your best and nothing helps! We're learning this lesson over and over... and over again ;)

Our baby girl is growing and becoming increasingly interactive. She is "talking" up a storm. I'm also happy to report that her socializing is finally starting to happen more and more with Joe and me; although her best friend is still the cloth wall hanging with a number three on it that hangs above her changing table ;) We have resigned ourselves to this fact and now greet number three with a friendly "hello" every time we're in her room!

Finally, I'm sad to report that this is my last week at home with Julia. I go back to work on Monday - although they've been emailing and calling so much it barely seems that I left. We've been sorting out the final details about childcare, which has been difficult to say the least. Although we're lucky to have a number of good options in the area, it is hard to imagine dropping off our little baby at a stranger's house :( I think we made a good decision with our provider and I'm crossing my fingers that we have a good start with her. Please send us lots of good thoughts next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so darn cute. Can't wait to see her tomorrow. Love, Nana

Donna said...

Aww, back to work already. Boo-hoo. She is adorable... can't wait to see her again.
Love, Donna