Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first Mother's Day!! And chins?

It's hard to believe, but I had the chance to celebrate my first Mother's Day last weekend. It was such a wonderful day! To start things off, Julia gave us the ABSOLUTE BEST gift ever. She slept for 8 -- yes, EIGHT -- straight hours. It was amazing :) Don't worry. We're not getting used to it.

Joe made me a tasty breakfast - and Julia slept through it so we could enjoy some time together- and then my Mom and Randy came for a visit. We headed over to Cosley Zoo, which is a little place run by the park district in our town. We had fun checking out the farm animals, deer, birds, etc for about an hour, and then Joe made us a great dinner. What a wonderful first Mother's Day! I also have a beautiful new necklace with Julia's initials and a little charm with her name for my bracelet. Between the sleep, the food, and the gifts, Joe and Julia totally outdid themselves ;)

In other news, Julia likes chins. I know that sounds weird... and it probably is weird =P I think she mostly likes the "pokers" on her daddy's chin and feels the need to check out the chins of every other person who comes her way. At 1 o'clock this morning, we sat in her room together while she drank a bottle and felt my chin. I wish I had a picture. Unfortunately, I think my chin is far more boring than Joe's.

Check out all of the pictures from our fun Mother's Day, by clicking here.

1 comment:

Jamie Elwell said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!