Shortly after our visit to the land of Cleves, Joe’s sister, Ashley came to visit us. Aunt Ashley REALLY enjoyed some time with Julia – they got to bond after a long time apart. We didn’t do much while she was in town, except play with JR!
The same weekend that Ashley visited, we also celebrated the graduation of our oldest nephew, Luke, from 8th grade. Having been there on the day he was born, I am still in shock that my little nephew is going to be in high school! I think my sister was struggling a bit with the idea that her baby isn’t such a baby anymore. He even went on a class trip to Washington, DC shortly after graduation. It’s hard to believe how quickly time flies! Check out graduation party pictures here.
As we wrapped up May and started into June, our family had a very significant moment – I went away for an entire week! In my work at Elmhurst College, I coordinate a 6-day leadership institute for students. So on June 1st, I traveled to Elkhorn, Wisconsin to complete my 7-day stint, preparing our site and then working with the students (along with other faculty and staff from the College). It was SO hard to be away from Julia and Joe for such a long time. Somehow, we all managed – I survived the time away and Joe survived single parenthood for the week. We still haven’t completely recovered our schedule, but it’s improving again, despite the onset of teething.
Sorry for the long post and the long break between posts. Hopefully I'll be able to update you again much more quickly next time around!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time!
Post a Comment