Sunday, April 18, 2010

A little behind on the times

Oh how I wish I had a cute little picture of Julia's booty to go with this post title. But, alas, no such luck. Just the same, I have lots of updates and cute pictures of our smoochy head for you to enjoy.

Since the last update, much has happened. Here's a brief re-cap:
-Julia started talking more
-I traveled to New Orleans with Habitat for Humanity for a week
-We celebrated Easter
-We bought an above the range microwave (which my dad will install soon - we have declared ourselves 100% old ;)
-Joe had a job interview and started a temporary job
-Julia started walking

Like I said before... it's a lot of updates!

Our little miss has been quite the chatterbox lately. She is, and has been, a big fan of saying "hi." Now, she also loves saying "buh-bye," "thank you" (we think), " love you," "uh oh" (especially before dropping something ;), "mmmmmm" (in regards to food), and "nonny" (hungry). She is also learning some sign language to help alleviate a bit of frustration, so we've got "more," "drink," and MAYBE (but it hasn't yet been confirmed) "cheese" in the repertoire. It's too cute. She also just started walking! JR still isn't strolling all over, but she took a nice little walk across her bedroom yesterday that made me say with confidence that she's pretty much a walker now.

In other news, Joe and I have been busy little beavers. Two weeks ago, I traveled with a group of 42 other people to New Orleans, LA for Habitat for Humanity. We worked on one house, nearly completing the wood siding and finishing shingling the roof, among other things. It was a great trip, but it was really rough being away from Joe and Julia. To make it feel a bit shorter, they also traveled for a few days to visit family in Cleveland and had a fun trip. Unfortunately, there were camera issues and they don't have any pictures to show for it!

Joe had a job interview recently and he has also been doing a lot of informational interviews. It seems like there are a lot of things out there that he might be great for... they just need to hire him ;) We're crossing our fingers that something will come along soon. He should know more about that job he interviewed for sometime this week!! He also started a temporary job for Pearson, which is a company that does testing (i.e., SAT, ACT, GRE, etc) and test grading. Joe is currently scoring grade 8 ISAT tests. He only has one day under his belt, but it seems like it will be a very unique experience for him to have actual break times and rules about when he can use his phone!

And last, but not least, happy belated Easter! We celebrated with a trip out to Rochelle to visit with family. Joe took a lot of really cute pictures, which chronicled our day full of eating, picking up, cleaning up, and hiding gold fish crackers. I never understood how very much like gold snacks could be before I became a parent ;) It was a great day! Here's a cute picture of Julia and her cousin, Dylan, sharing some of their treasured treats!

I promise to write again soon... so check back often!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good update and good pictures

Mary said...

Yay for updates! We miss you here in the land of Cleves!

Mark and Donna's Place said...

Shes soooo cute!

Donna said...

Really like the black n whites. Julia is a doll. We really enjoyed the visit with her and Joe when they came to Cleveland. Laura, great group picture .. what a good opportunity that trip was.