Sunday, February 14, 2010

All I want for Valentine's Day is...

...my two front teeth. That's right! Julia Renee FINALLY has some teeth. It took her over 12 months to do it, but she has two little tooth tops showing out of her bottom gums these days. She doesn't have anything BUT those two front teeth, but she looks pretty darn cute! You can sort of see her new chompers in this picture. Who knew it was so hard to catch the teeth of a 1 year old in a photo?!

In other news, our little missy has a bit of a temper. She has taken to saying "no, no, no" and will even swing an arm in our direction if we manage to interrupt whatever it is that she wants to do. She is quite the little stair climber, and we've been making that trip pretty frequently lately! Words are coming more frequently now. A few favorites include:

-buh, buh, buh (which means "bye, bye, bye")
-no, no, no (pretty self-explanatory)
-daaa-eeee (Daddy - this also appears to mean Mommy)
-row, row, row (see previous blog post for a reference)
-hi (a favorite)

Joe and I had a really nice Valentine's Day celebration. My Mom came in for a visit on Saturday and stayed overnight so Joe and I could go on a date. We went to a yummy Thai place nearby, Tipi Thai, and had great food and conversation. Who knew we could actually talk for 1 1/2 hours about things other than Julia?! Afterwards, we hit cosmic ice skating (a.k.a. tween make-out central) at a local rink. It was really fun! Joe had only ice skated a few times before, and I hadn't been out in ages. We both came home in one piece, so I think that makes for a successful evening!

And I have to brag a bit and say that my wonderful hubby baked me a banana cream pie - from scratch. He made the crust, filling, and even the whipped cream! It was amazing and I have the pictures and full belly to prove it. I just wish they showed how delicious it was!

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, too!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oooh, that pie looks heavenly! Won't even think about the calories -- ha, ha.
Julia has teeth -- yippee! I can just picture the 'up and down' on the staircase... cute!