After a week of being away, I am finally home again with Joe and Julia. I missed them both so much! The program that took me away, LeaderShape, went really well and was a powerful experience for most everyone involved - including me! I came back feeling re-connected to what it is I believe I contribute to the world. As always, I can rely on LeaderShape to help me feel inspired by knowing that there are good people out there working to change the world for the better!! YAY :)
While I was gone, Joe and Julia kept each other company. Apparently, she was a bit of a grouch all week, which Joe attributes to my absence. That's a nice ego boost for the mommy who is gone... but I'll chalk it up to teething. It seems to be the gift that keeps on giving around here!
Over the weekend, Ashley came to visit while Joe worked. It sounds like Ash and Jules had a really fun time together - although Ash said that she was feeling pretty exhausted after about half of day of chasing little missy around our house! Thankfully, everyone survived and we have some cute pictures to prove it. The one to the left may give you an idea of what Julia is getting into these days. EVERYTHING! This is one of the baskets that her toys go in under our coffee table. Julia's new favorite thing is to completely empty both baskets and then take turns sitting in them. She has also started using them to play basketball with this pink cush ball that lights up.
In the past few weeks, Julia has been showing us how much she knows. Just before I left for LeaderShape, she started to say three new words: ball, more, and light. When we were in the car together on Sunday night after I returned home, she also said "mama." Now, this could have been a bit of babble... but I'm going to stick with my guns and say that she really missed me and needed to show it ;)
1 comment:
ABSOLUTELY! It was not babble, she missed you and she said MAMA. LOVE IT!! i love the picture of her in the basket. Oh the fun times. =)
Post a Comment