Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Father's Day #2 and Anniversary #3

Last weekend, we celebrated lots of exciting things! On Saturday, despite Joe's car dying as we were trying to depart, Joe and I drove out to Rochelle to drop off Jules with my mom. That allowed us to get away together for a bit to celebrate our 3rd anniversary! That hardly seems possible. Although I don't have any pictures to prove it, we went to Magic Waters Water Park and had a fun time just relaxing and having a good time. And, I must say that I DO have the sunburn to prove it. My naive, white self thought that I could go for a little while without sunblock so I could catch some sun. BAD IDEA! Regardless, we had a fun time playing in the water and having dinner before we headed back to my Mom and Randy's for the night.

On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day! Jen hosted us for a nice barbecue with all of the Wilmarth, Masterson, Manning, Supler, and Wilmarth Tyna dads. It was fun to get everyone together. We even got a chance to explore the new play set that Jen and Ben have in the backyard. Jules and Dylan got a kick out of it all - as you might imagine - but so did Grandpa Mike, Nana, Papa, and Grandpa Supler, as they got to help with the playing. Oh, the responsibilities of grandparent-hood ;) Here are a few fun shots from the day!

Dyl playing in the "fort" of the new playset.


Nana and Papa, hanging out in the sun, watching the kids play.


Grandpa Mike and Julia chilling on the couch.

Julia, a few days after Father's Day, modeling the food that she has all over her face. Even if you can't see it, believe me, it's there!!

No comments: