Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm so behind...

...and I know it, too. I just can't seem to keep up with the blog these days. It has fallen down the priority list as of late, but I'm hoping to improve my posting after we get into the new year.

In the meantime, here's what has happened since I last posted:
  • Thanksgiving in Rochelle with lots of family and a chance to see my sister Jen's newly finished basement!
  • The 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday
  • Ayisha's (1st) 29th birthday- YAAAAAAY for my healthy friend who I look forward to celebrating many 29th birthday anniversaries with ;)
  • Julia became a parrot - Be careful. ALL words are fair game!
  • Julia picked out her first potty (as you can see by the picture... she loves it)
Of course, there's so much more that has happened. But, suffice it to say that we're busy and working one day at a time to make it through December. Eek! Joe's work has been very busy and also good. He seems to really enjoy his job - and I think that's a first in the entire 6+ years that I've known him. Students at Elmhurst are wrapping up the semester and I will happily wave buh-bye to them for a bit of a break. I'll start to miss them again just-in-time for the spring semester to begin. Woohoo!

And, as for Miss Julia, she is obsessed with Elmo. Every morning and again the moment she gets home from the babysitter, all she wants to do is watch Elmo. Unfortunately, Elmo isn't on at either of those times and we've only got two Elmo's World dvds. If you'd like a dramatic recitation of "Elmo's Potty Time," just let me know ;) She is talking SO much these days and is a big fan of running up to Joe and me, throwing her arms around our legs, and then yelling "I got ya!" It's too cute. My little girl is definitely growing up!

Enjoy December and good luck with any holiday celebrating you may have planned. We'll be heading to Cleveland for Christmas, so let us know if you'll be around and would like to see us. Hope all is festive and going well with you and yours.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the pic of her under the tree!

Can you post a picture of her in the snow?