Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Fun and Busy Few Weeks

It has been a few weeks since I last updated our blog and we've had a lot going on! Here's a re-cap of all of our fun:


TO THE ZOO!

Enjoying the sea lions!
The last weekend in July, on a 95-degree day, Joe, Julia, and I visited Brookfield Zoo with my cousin, Brett, and his son, Brayden (4 years old). Despite being sweaty, we had such a fun time! Brayden and Jules both enjoyed the tram - as did the rest of us who benefited from the much-needed breeze. We also had fun visiting the sea lions and seals.

Jules and Brayden barely acknowledged each other for most of the visit, but hopefully that will change in the future. This was actually our first ever outing together, so I hope they'll get to know each other more. I hope we'll get to do something similar again before another 2 1/2 years pass by!



FAMILY TIME

Dylan and Julia
Julia and I had a chance to hang out with some family last weekend. Joe was gone for a bachelor party in Kentucky and I had a work commitment on Friday night, so Jules went to stay overnight with her Nana and Papa. It turns out that Dylan stayed, too, so they had a fun sleep over! 


When I came out to get her on Saturday afternoon, we got to hang out with my Mom and Randy, along with Dyl and Cade. We ran in the sprinkler for a while and then Jen and Ben joined us for dinner. On Sunday morning, we got to see my Dad, Betty, Barry, and Justin. It was a fun and family-filled weekend. I wish we could do more of that!
   

A VISIT TO SEE CHRISTIE, ALEXIS, AND DAVE 

Alexis and Jules
Today, we were invited for a fun lunch at the brand new home of Christie and Cort Fornero. It was great to see their new place - it's beautiful and spacious - and catch up after waaaaay too long. Julia loved playing with Alexis (5 years old) and Dave (2 years old. They are both getting so big! Jules was especially impressed with all of the cool toys, including a few cardboard houses created from furniture boxes. I had to bribe her with fruit snacks and a chance to see Daddy just to get out the door. She is definitely getting big enough now that I have to be intentional about each thing we do and how I can convince her to do what I want ;) Regardless, we had a great visit and I loved seeing my friend!



What a great summer we've been having. Hope yours has been good, too! Here are a few more photos of the past few weeks:

At the zoo, looking hot... yet cool ;)

Nana and Jules

Roomies!

Surprise!!

No comments: