Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby WT Update

Baby WT and I are growing and growing these days. It's hard to believe that we're already at 31 weeks in the pregnancy! That means baby will be here sometime in the next 8 weeks or so. Where did the time go?!

I've finally decided to commit to the idea of an elective C-Section. Julia was delivered by emergency C-Section, which means I have the option this time. After MUCH deliberation, it seems like the safest route for us. Especially given that Julia was such a chunker - 9 lbs, 7 oz - I'm concerned that Baby WT #2 will be big, too, and that his/ her size will end up leading to the C-Section anyway. It's weird to realize that we'll be picking baby's birthday sometime soon! It looks like we'll have a new family member sometime in early November.  

Things are coming together nicely in our baby preparations. The bedroom that the kids will share is pretty much set. I simply hope to switch out a few items on the walls so that each kid will feel like they have their own space. We've been pulling in baby items from the garage, sorting through clothes, and trying to get Jules as ready as can be for big sisterhood. We head to the hospital for a big siblings tour next Saturday and we've been talking a lot about what babies do (i.e., sleep, poop, cry, drink a bottle) and don't do (i.e., much of anything) AND what babies eat (i.e., milk, yucky baby food) and don't eat (i.e., ice cream, sweets, anything that requires teeth). She'll be the first to point this out to you if you start chomping into anything in her presence.

We haven't made a whole lot of progress in the name department, so that's at the top of the list these days. Hopefully we'll spend some time in the next week focused on sorting through ideas. Other than that, we're staying relatively calm around here, making plans as we figure out delivery dates, figuring out where the heck we're going to put stuff for a new person in our already stuffed house, etc. Now, if Joe and I could just get a little more rest, we'd be set. I'm up a lot in the night and pretty uncomfortable, so there's not much rest of the weary. Baby is definitely prepping us now for those sleepless nights (and days) that are just around the corner!

OH! And I feel like I should mention that today is the 8th anniversary of my first official date with Joe. Who could have guessed then that we'd have a 3 1/2 year old and a baby on the way 8 years after that dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in Cleveland?! ;)

No comments: