It has been a while since I last updated folks on what's happening at our house, so I thought I'd share some photos and news.
 |
| Jules taking a break from coloring so I could snap a photo |
Julia has gotten to be quite a big girl. She is writing well, doing an excellent job of sounding things out and forming letters. She is officially registered for kindergarten at Briar Glen Elementary and will start in August. How can our baby girl be going to kindergarten?! She is a good big sister, helping more than harming her brother... most of the time. She LOVES to draw and color and does so with almost every spare moment she has. She's also practicing bike riding these days and she's preparing for her very first dance recital next weekend!
 |
| Owen playing with blocks that belonged to baby Joe! |
Owen is a funny little guy. He is 17 months old already and talking up a storm. I think he learned 3-4 new words today alone! He says banana "nana," hot (very breathily), thank you, and yells "da!" for anyone that he wants, including me, Joe, a grandparent, or Julia (though Joe insists that the da is different for her. I can't hear it!) He likes to hold a fork while he's eating dinner... though he won't actually use it most of the time, except to spear a Cheerio. He is crazy about music and can't seem to get enough of it - especially Johnny Cash. He's quite independent and really enjoys walking on his own. He particularly likes walking outside. He can be very affectionate and will blow kisses or give smooches often. Like Julia, he's very observant and a bit willful. He also likes to read a lot, just like his sister... whom he adores.
 |
| Joe hard at work at a recent electronics collection |
Joe has been working a lot a lately, with Earth Month upon us. He has had collections most weekends and we're anxious for things to slow down soon. Unfortunately, he has been sailing rough seas at work, but we're both hoping that things will work out positively. He has signed himself up to do another
Tough Mudder event in May and is training with that in mind. He has also decided to give up coffee and become a morning person. Just kidding... he's dragging himself out of bed each morning and hooked on 3-4 cups a day ;)
 |
| Somehow, there are no pix of me since January, so this will have to do! |
I'm also doing well these days. I'm proud to say that I finished my first-ever 10K this weekend at the
Morton Arboretum and that I managed to run the 6.2 miles in 1:07:59. That's slightly less than an 11-minute mile, which makes me happy! I also did it without stopping, which was my goal. I've determined that - at least for now - I have no desire to run farther than 6 miles. It's just too hard on my body now that I'm an ancient 34 year old ;) We'll see what other adventures I decide to explore. April is also a busy time at work for me, with the school year rapidly coming to a close. I'm ready for things to calm down a bit so we have more free time to enjoy the nice weather that has finally arrived!
That's it from the WTs for now. I'm behind on a few posts, so I'll try to provide some new updates soon!
1 comment:
this made my heart smile <3 love to y'all
Post a Comment