Thursday, November 02, 2006

My trip to IL and Joe's weekend from H-E-double hockey stick

Since I was so far behind on my blog updates, I haven't gotten a chance to fill you in on the circus-like events of last weekend! While I made a whirlwind trip to Illinois for a Wilmarth family reunion, poor Joe was on duty for a really terrible weekend!

My family visit was good, with some relatives (we were missing WAY too many) and even a few friends that I haven't been able to see in ages! I even got to meet a new friend-- Alexis, the daughter of my friends, Christie and Cort, who I went to U of I with. Look how cute she is!

While I was off having fun visiting family and friends-- here's a sleepy picture of me and my oldest nephew, Luke (who just got high honor roll during his first quarter of middle school)-- Joe was at home dealing with just about everything. You name it, he had student alcohol issues, folks going to the hospital, and even a sewer back-up in a residence hall room. YUCK! Needless to say, after three days of 2 am calls that lasted for 2 hours, he was pretty well exhausted. And to top it all off... he was on a duty again for Halloween on Tuesday :( Thank goodness that October (and the duty month from hell) is over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, it sounds like you had a nice weekend! Joe, I am so sorry yours was not! I feel so bad for you and the sewer back up issue!

=) DeAnna