Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A weekend in VA

Because I'm sure that, despite excitement in her own world, my friend Ayisha is probably biting at the bit to see herself on our blog... I thought I better get to posting ;) So here goes!

This weekend Joe and I traveled to Virginia to meet our friends, Ayisha and Adam, for a weekend of camping. A & A recently moved to North Carolina from Ohio, so they can relate to our need to see some familiar faces! We met them half-way and rented a little-- and I mean little!-- cabin at a camp ground called Walnut Hills. For anyone looking to vacation in VA, the place is wonderfully clean and unfortunately far from a bathroom during the fall/winter months. Regardless, we had a great time!

While we were there, we visited a really cool Asian pear farm and got to learn all about them-- it was pretty neat. Who knew that some pears look and have the same texture as an apple, but still taste like a pear?! Joe was so excited about the farmer and learning about his work that I'm pretty sure he's now considering how he'll look in bibs. All I know is that I'd really like to have some farm cats. It's a little scary =P

Anyway, this week is another busy one and we're headed into holiday time. Let the chaos and money spending begin! We're headed off to IL on the 21st and will be back again on the 27th. It should be a great trip!

1 comment:

The Fornero's said...

A cabin is definitely the ideal way to camp.... :)