Thursday, December 07, 2006

A birthday!

Shortly after Thanksgiving I celebrated a birthday. I love birthdays and always think it's a great occassion to do a little something fun. So... in great birthday style, we did it up! Joe and I went into Baltimore to Little Italy to have something yummy for dinner. Unfortunately, Sabatino's wasn't the Italian food Mecca we were hoping for... but the whole evening was saved by a suggestion my supervisor made. She mentioned this little Italian bakery called Vacarro's. She failed to mention that the place has to be the most amazing dessert shop ever! Here's me looking happy as we waited for our goodies-- note the brand new birthday clothes :)

The menu in this place was huge and the entire thing was sweets and treats. They offer lots of speacialty drinks, like steamers and chocolate martinis, along with a great selection of gelato and pastries. Joe and I indulged and had this awesome sundae, called the Baci Ball. It had chocolate hazelnut gelato with cream puffs, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. I nearly had to role Joe out to the car he was so full!

No comments: