
Every year around this time, the cherry blossoms in Washington, DC are beautiful. With that in mind, Joe and I made a trip down to DC after work on Friday to see the sites. Fortunately, we got there before the sun had totally disappeared... but some of our shots are a little dark!

We spent some time visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Joe's favorite, and then attempted to find a place to eat. For some ODD reason, there are very few restaurants in DC anywhere near the monuments. If you've ever visited the monuments in DC you can probably relate. After about 30-40 minutes of walking, we finally found a place at almost 9:00 pm! Thankfully, I managed to keep Joe from chewing his arm off ;)
As for Easter, which I should include since I named this "Cherry blossoms

and Easter," we had a nice day. Joe and I, along with 3 of his students,s had dinner at a friend's house in the area. We had lots of yummy food, played a good game or two of Catch Phrase, and ate cheese cake, too. Overall, we had good company, good food, and a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment