Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the road again!

Hello family and friends! I hope this blog post finds you well and enjoying the taste of spring we've been experiencing in Baltimore. I'm writing with big news that I wanted to share with all of you. Joe and I are moving to Illinois! I know what you're thinking-- "these two can't sit still!" But honestly, this move just feels right. Due to the crazy time we've had over the past 15 or so months, including getting engaged, losing 3 grandparents between the two of us, and planning our wedding, it has become painfully clear to Joe and I that it doesn't make sense to live far away from both of our families. Since we will likely live far from many of our friends, who are scattered around the Midwest and East Coast, we both want to be near at least a part of our support network-- not 7 or more hours away!

So... at the beginning of June, just about a week before our wedding, we'll be moving to Villa Park, Illinois. We've already found an apartment andI have secured a position at Elmhurst College, a small, private school outside of Chicago. Joe is in the midst of seeking out positions in the area related to his interests. He's hoping to find something that fits a bit better than his current role at UMBC. As it stands, I will start my work as the Director of Leadership and Civic Engagement on July 1st.

Joe and I are both excited about this opportunity, but sad to leave Maryland after such a short time. We've had the opportunity to work with some wonderful people during our time here and we'll certainly miss them! Although our move is bittersweet in that sense, we're both really excited about what's ahead!

No comments: