Wow! I can barely believe it, but we made our final pre-wedding trip to Illinois last weekend. That means that the next time we're in IL, we'll be moving and getting married a week later. CRAZY! I can't understand where the time went!
Joe and I headed to Illinois last Wednesday after work for a two-day visit to Elmhurst (the college where I'll be working), Mother's Day, and lots of wedding planning. It was nice to meet and get to know some of my new colleagues a bit. I think I'm going to enjoy working and being a part of the community there. I was happy to be home for Mother's Day for the first time in ages. It was really nice to actually spend a little bit of time with everyone on a holiday. We'll actually be able to do that again (easily) when we move!
And of course, wedding stuff took priority during our trip. We visited with our pastry chef and our missing DJ (who is now found, thank goodness), along with visiting the dress shop for a fitting and doing practice run with my hair. YAY! I can't believe how fast it is coming now!
No comments:
Post a Comment