Well, November has come and (almost) gone and I haven't really updated for most of the month. I have lots to share! Let me start with yesterday.
While we were all home together, I stuck my hand out for Julia and slapped her hand on my palm. This is something I've done many times before, so I didn't think too much of it. But, this time, Julia responded. She has learned how to give "five, five, five"! Now,if she's in the mood - and that's a BIG if - she'll respond by smacking your palm when you put it out and say "five, five, five." I know this doesn't seem like much... but I was SO excited!!

Julia has been getting really big. She is standing up and moving so much! In fact, earlier this week JR was basically just crawling and standing up on wobbly legs. Somewhere around Thursday things clicked for her. Now she is
everywhere! She can barely sit still or keep herself from exploring her surroundings. Nothing in our house is safe. Here she is reading one of her favorite books, "Barnyard Dance" by Sandra Boynton. She'll sit down and browse through stories on her own or she'll help you to speed read as she flips the pages. She is also very interested in the drawers (which usually ends in tears and pinched fingers) and plants (which usually results in lots of "NOs" and being moved to another place in the room).

Last but not least, I couldn't resist sharing this cute picture of Cade and Julia. I took it a few weeks ago when we went out to Rochelle to visit everybody. You can see Dylan in the background. He and JR are competing for biggest baby. At 15 months old, he is about the same weight as she is at 10 months ;) Anyway, everybody in the Manning house is doing well!
Well, I'm going to wrap this up for now. Enjoy a great Thanksgiving and I'll report back after the holiday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment