Monday, May 27, 2013

A birthday, a graduation, a wedding... oh my!

 

We had big weekend full of lots of celebrating! Saturday was Betty's birthday! But, we didn't really celebrate at all, because there was lots of other big stuff happening. (Happy birthday! Sorry we skipped your day!)

The day began with Luke's graduation. I can barely believe it! My baby nephew is 17 and heading to Northern Illinois University next year for college. Sadly, we have such a big family that there weren't enough tickets for anyone from our house to attend, but his parents, brothers, and all of his grandparents made it to the celebration and said it was a fun and emotional event. We're so proud of you, Luke. Congratulations!!

Later that day, my youngest brother, Justin, got married. Crazy, right?! Justin and Stacey got married in an intimate ceremony at a little church in Lee, IL. We were so close, it was like we were part of the action. In fact, it felt like it so much that I barely took any pictures. Boo! After the ceremony - and Julia's debut as a flower girl - we headed to the home of Stacey's parents for dinner and more celebrating. Despite the gloomy weather, we really enjoyed being there with them for their special day.

Jules and Cassidy playing "princess doctor"
We celebrated at Luke's graduation party on Sunday and then spent Monday hanging out with our friends from Team Smith - Matt, Jeannette, Cassidy, and Savvy. The kids had a super fun time - and the parents did, too! The dads even went on a man-date to see the new Star Trek movie. All-in-all, it was a great weekend full of celebrating, family, relaxing, friends, and fun! Unfortunately, it didn't involve much laundry, so you may not want to stand to close to any of us by the time Thursday comes around ;)     

Here are a few more photos of the weekend. Clearly, I need to work on my photo taking! I barely got any of the bride and groom, I didn't get ANY of the graduate, and Joe is totally absent (since I asked him to take some photos). Being the parent of two has completely hindered my photo taking! I'll track down a few more and share them soon. Enjoy!

Julia, and ring bearer, Andrew (4 yrs old)

Justin and Barry, waiting for the bride

Julia, standing with Grandma and Grandpa

Me and my sweet boy -
He was wearing a collared shirt, dress pants, a vest with a pocket square, and a bow tie. So stinkin cute!

Grandma and Owen

My and my piggy-tailed girl at Luke's party
Baby Savannah (almost 8 months)

Our Owe-E Joey :)

No comments: