Thursday, January 28, 2010

There's a ONE Year Old in Our House!!


That's right, folks! I can barely believe it, but my baby is one year old. We had a great birthday celebration for her, with lots of family and friends from all over the place.

The celebration started with the arrival of Julia's Gram Daniels and Opa (Joe's mom and her boyfriend, Mark), and her Aunt Ashley on Friday night. We had dinner and hung out with them for a bit before Julia's bedtime. Then, on Saturday morning, Ash, Julia, and I spent some just after dawn hours (really, it was about 6 am) eating breakfast and gearing up for the big shindig. I somehow managed not to take any pictures from Friday night or Saturday pre-party, so sorry to all involved. I promise I got some great pictures at the party!

And speaking of the party, we were so lucky to have friends and family from Cleveland, Rochelle, and the Western suburbs to celebrate with us. Thanks for coming out everyone! Julia was such a good party-goer. She doesn't seem to know a stranger, which is great since she can't see all of our family as much as we would like. She happily played with and was held by everyone who wanted to see her. It was such a joy to see her with all so many of the people we care about!

In addition to the fun we had with everyone, it was SO great to watch Julia enjoy her first cupcake. I handed her the cupcake and she immediately grabbed it and went to town (see photo above). She wasn't shy at all... but ended with a FABULOUS look that said something like "oh, did I eat all that?"! Check it out by clicking the link below and looking at the rest of the pictures that I took: http://picasaweb.google.com/laura.wilmarth/FirstBirthday?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7FleqaztPn-gE.

We wrapped up the rest rest of the weekend with Julia's Papa Seahorse and Nagymama. They stayed until Monday morning, and we got to spend some extra time together, celebrating the big birthday and catching up. They played with Julia a lot and had fun seeing all of her new tricks. We even got to eat dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. It was a nice visit!

1 comment:

The Blogger said...

Awww!! Looks like it was so much fun! :o) Wish we could have been there.